BestCybernetics has successfully conducted an online meeting within the framework of the European LEAP Program.
In doing so, we presented the latest developments to the project partners, improvements and innovative additions to the custom application we have developed.
The innovative LEAP web application was designed and developed within the framework of the LEAP (Learn Engage Apply Perform) program, which is the partnership of partners from Great Britain, Ireland, Austria, Spain, Greece and Cyprus.
Listening to the term ePortfolio, the first thing that comes to our mind is an electronic folder, a student’s portfolio that includes a collection of digital objects: documents, photos, videos, presentations, exercises solutions, etc. It is used by pupils / students to present their knowledge and skills to find employment more often than not.
However, the educational value of the ePortfolio we developed at LEAP mainly is that it enables the student to observe his / her self-monitoring. At the same time, he / she can self-assess and thus acquire full knowledge of his / her learning path, defining his / her personal goals in the framework of self-regulated learning.
The LEAP ePortfolio is therefore an
- e-Portfolio of Assessment (Assessment Portfolio), the main aim of which is to present the abilities of a trainee and to use it for the assessment of the students.
- Showcase Portfolio, presenting the best of a student’s work and skills.
- Development / Working e-Portfolio, constantly updated by both trainees and trainers, aiming at self-evaluation, providing feedback to trainers by trainers. It presents student learning, while also providing communication tools between learners and trainers.
We believe that LEAP ePortfolio is an innovative web application that allows learners to monitor their learning path and performance, communicate their skills and achievements through open digital badges. LEAP ePortfolio also:
- Provides learners with the opportunity to participate more actively in the teaching-learning process.
- It has a positive impact on the learner’s self-confidence as the student takes control of his / her learning.
- Adapted to the pupil’s individual needs, interests and skills.
- Promotes learning beyond classroom.
- Encourages cooperation between teacher and student.
- Strengthens information technology skills.
- It is a chronology / calendar, a history of the learner’s path.
- It is a “repository” of all kinds of work and activity of the trainee.
From the teacher’s point of view, ePortfolio LEAP:
- Provides a complete picture of the student.
- Is quite effective in measuring skills and knowledge as an assessment tool.
- It can facilitate the announcement of learner’s achievements to others (next year educator, educational institutions, work environments, etc.) through open digital badges.
Some of the technical features of the ePortfolio LEAP that we can mention are:
- Upload, store and share the student’s work with his teacher in any multimedia content format (texts, pictures, sounds, videos).
- Take note of the tasks assigned to it and its evaluation by the instructor.
- Dynamically form his / her personalized information.
- Automatically receive notifications from the platform for adding new files and feedback from the teacher.
- Sharing his achievements in his CV, social networks and other applications using digital badges to find a job.
The next few days it is expected that real data from Courses, Units, students and teachers will be introduced into the application and the application piloting will begin.